So. Kind of a 3rd or something draft. I was reading something about Jack Kerouac the other day, and though I haven't yet read On The Road, I read through a bunch of quotes and I know I NEED to read it! This is an uptempo country song... I'll record a worktape later (I've got the chords and melody all worked out). Would love some suggestions on how to improve it.

I kind of wanted a little dark twist in there to shake things up, but don't know how well it's worked, if anyone would understand it - see the bridge. Could easily change that so there isn't a twist.


Kerouac

V1
It’s a good few hours from our small town
To the edge of the world
We’re kicking dust in the face of the sun
Flying south like birds

CHORUS
Wild eyes, truck tyres, ding dong ditch on heaven’s door
From now, tonight, we’re all we couldn’t be before
We run away like sinners on holy ground
A sweet escape, doing Kerouac proud

V2
A handful of rebels that ain’t gonna settle
This side of judgement day
We had to hit that highway hard
Cause it’s been cursing our names

BRIDGE
We can all fall down like stars right now if we want
Let them find us when we’re too far gone
Yeah

CHORUS
Wild eyes, truck tyres, ding dong ditch on heaven’s door
From now, tonight, we’re all we couldn’t be before
We run away like sinners on holy ground
A sweet escape, doing Kerouac proud

Wild eyes, truck tyres, ding dong ditch on heaven’s door
From now, tonight, we’re all we couldn’t be before
We run away like sinners on holy ground
A sweet escape, doing Kerouac proud
Doing Kerouac proud
Doing Kerouac proud


You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden.

17 year old country singer/songwriter from the Deep South... of England. I love most everything.

http://www.lexrose.com
http://www.facebook.com/LexRosenthal
http://www.reverbnation.com/lexrose