So it now looks like this?? Revised for final edit

Kerouac
© 2012 Lex Rose


It’s a good few hours from our small town
To the edge of the world
We’re kicking dust in the face of the sun
Flying south like birds

A handful of rebels that ain’t gonna settle
This side of judgement day
We had to hit that highway hard
Cause it’s been cursing our names

Wild eyes, truck tyres, ding dong ditch on heaven’s door
From now, tonight, we’re all we couldn’t be before
We run away like sinners on holy ground
A sweet escape, doing Kerouac proud

Passed here once in my grandpa’s truck
Back when I was eight
I cried when he said I'd have to fly someday
How things change

We can all fall down right now if we want
Let them find us when we’re too far gone
Yeah

Wild eyes, truck tyres, ding dong ditch on heaven’s door
From now, tonight, we’re all we couldn’t be before
We run away like sinners on holy ground
A sweet escape, doing Kerouac proud

Wild eyes, truck tyres, ding dong ditch on heaven’s door
From now, tonight, we’re all we couldn’t be before
We run away like sinners on holy ground
A sweet escape, doing Kerouac proud
Doing Kerouac proud
Doing Kerouac proud

Last edited by John Voorpostel; 11/06/12 06:48 PM.

If writing ever becomes work I think I'm going to have to stop