Kaley,

I had an Alesis QS8 with many cool sounds and a great feel,(even the feel and sound response can be edited)! Lot of bells and whistles for sure! I gave it to my cowriter's son to use for his young adventures, (and he LOVES IT!).

I still have a Yamaha QS400, (16 track sequencer built in it), which is great for setting up multiple sections, (percussion, or horns, or whatever, then putting them on the main recorder in two track stereo. Works great when still using analog for the main recorder.

It also has MANY instruments/effects! That one though has that organ feel,(but with touch sensitive keys). I like that touch for strings, flowing horns, organ of course, but liked the Alesis real piano feel for piano and percussion instruments. I would get a bit sloppy with the Yamaha at times, as it tends to allow for too-fast of playing moments. Butit works great when needing to put in many notes of the strings, to simiulate real string playing for some runs, (overall a smoother sound).

I always wanted to check out the top of line Kurtzweil, (sp.?), the one around 20 grand. They use that in a lot of films, and for most of the time,,,it's hard to tell the difference from a real orchestra, (depending on the player/composer). There are film music houses that has them in every room, for the different composers. (In LA). Wish I could remember the name of that company,,but I am sure Hans Zimmer is one that uses that keyboard in the film studio I'm thinking of.

See if you have a rich uncle! I know a Uncle Rich, but he's more of an uncle than rich! [Linked Image]

John

[This message has been edited by dhsongs (edited 02-23-2003).]

Actually a Member Since 1996 or 97 (Number One Hundred Something).
https://www.soundclick.com/bands3/default.cfm?bandID=1409522