Just posting the "Long Version" of the Party Rules here... short version up at the top.
Retaining this here for clarity smile

1. TWO SONG LIMIT PER PERSON PER CHALLENGE PER WEEK.

2. POST your song links/players and any comments for others here in this topic using the above-defined FORMAT.

3. ONLY POSITIVE FEEDBACK ALLOWED!!! BE EXCELLENT TO EACH OTHER. This is the big one and I'll hold you all to it. Critique is for the MP3/Video & Lyric forums. Here - we are dropping it. IE: Here, you are allowed to suck. And that's all right. Your song entry is allowed to be a little sloshed. If we really were at a karaoke bar, I would be your designated driver and some of you would be a little tipsy, and we all know it, so if your song doesn't come out perfect here, who cares? Just sing to have fun! It's a PARTY! Parties should be Happy Places where we are all having a GOOD TIME. Silliness and sense of humor encouraged!

4. As we go along throughout the weeks, TRY not to post the SAME recording more than once. At least re-mix it or add a harmony or something if the song fits another week's challenge. Just.. eh, let's not be all boring and stuff. Ya know?

5. STRONGLY ENCOURAGED to use existing Karaoke Online sites to keep this super-fast and simple, so you can sing your song and post it up in 15 min or less, then get back to your serious Musical Work and Business.
***NOTE!!*** I will post a list of recommended sites below, AND create a SEPARATE "Party Hotline" thread for helping you get used to, and work out any, tech issues in how these sites run and how to get started up with it if this is all-new territory for you. DO NOT POST your tech "how do I...?" questions HERE. (Or if you do, I'll move it over to the Hotline. Answering all that here will just clutter up this Party Thread.) MOST of these are FREE, though they do offer subscriptions; I don't want anyone to feel any pressure to pay any of these sites however. Most have many FREE songs to choose from. *If you have any trouble finding a Free Song that suits the Challenge, PM me or post in the Hotline Thread and I'll figure something out.

6. LICENSING, as always at JPF, is your responsibility. The Online Karaoke sites take care of this for you, which is why I so strongly recommend them. Plus they're easy.

7. NO PRIZES (except, possibly booby prizes), THIS IS NOT A CONTEST, NO WINNERS and NO LOSERS! Party-goers just get to feel all happy and stuff. And have fun. So... work hard if you want to develop a brand-new demo from scratch for a Challenge, but really -- you're not going to be recognized for all that Extra Mile in here. Give it a little or a lot. Mix, audio quality, pitch/timing, tape hiss etc.... none of that's gonna matter here, and I *don't* want this to cut into our serious time much.

8. INSTRUMENTAL play-along is allowed, if you really really don't or won't sing or prefer to play your Les Paul Custom, kazoo, washboard, saw, harp, viola, jazz flute, whatever. It's all good!

9. YOUR SONG MUST REMAIN SET TO "PUBLIC" and available to all to hear until the following Monday when the new Challenge begins. After that you can trash it, but not before!

10. PLEASE TRY to listen to others as your own time allows.

THANK YOU! You are all doing wonderfully!

Last edited by Linda Adams; 09/30/11 10:29 PM.