|
3 members (bennash, Everett Adams, 1 invisible),
42,076
guests, and
5,968
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Goldroom
by Gary E. Andrews - 10/08/26 01:40 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
SOMA
by Gary E. Andrews - 10/07/26 11:11 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 986
Serious Contributor
|
Serious Contributor
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 986 |
Hi Mike, To late for me I'm afraid. My eardrums are as shredded as shredded wheat. To many nights in front of a marshall stack. It effects my being able to mix my recordings also. They even buzz when I talk. But what use are dynamic recordings when radio stations compress the heck out of the songs anyway. Is there any difference between now and what spectre was doing with his wall of sound? I don't know. I try to record as close to -1 as I can. I still end up squashing my vocal tracks in order to compete with the guitars. To compress or not to compress, That is the question. Whether tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of recording engineers, or to take arms against a sea of compressors.
I think I'll stop there before I wax prosetic. Rick
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,099
Posts1,185,827
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"First came if only? Then came what if? After that I'll bet. Next was just maybe. Followed by Aha, I thought so! And eventually, okay, what next!" -Brian Austin Whitney on the stages of creativity and Just Plain Folks.
|
|
|
|