|
8 members (Fdemetrio, Irwin, Gary E. Andrews, bennash, Michael W. Brown, Everett Adams, 2 invisible),
91,514
guests, and
5,786
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Love Bomb
by Michael W. Brown - 10/10/26 08:09 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Goldroom
by Gary E. Andrews - 10/08/26 01:40 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
SOMA
by Gary E. Andrews - 10/07/26 11:11 PM
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 387
Serious Contributor
|
Serious Contributor
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 387 |
I've been looking for the article I mentioned above, but no luck. (Computer upgrade nuked a lot of my bookmarks and that was one.) I did find a few references to it, but the links all led to a dead page, so I'm guessing it's not online anymore. The author, an audio engineer, did some comparisons on wave forms from several Rush albums. I remember that THE AUTHOR WROTE A COUPLE OF PARAGRAPHS IN ALL CAPS, MAKING THE POINT THAT THIS WAS SIMILAR TO THE BRAIN RECEIVING LOUDLOUDLOUD MESSAGES ON A CONSISTENT BASIS AND THAT AFTER A WHILE THINGS WEREN'T BEING PROCESSED ANYMORE AND THAT INDEED, EVEN AFTER A FEW LINES OR SO THE PARAGRAPHS WOULDN'T BE READ ALL THE WAY.... ...which they weren't. The caps stuff went on longer, but you get the idea. If anyone has the article, I'd love to read it again - please post or email me. WHAT, ME SHOUT? WHY?? 
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,107
Posts1,185,853
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"First came if only? Then came what if? After that I'll bet. Next was just maybe. Followed by Aha, I thought so! And eventually, okay, what next!" -Brian Austin Whitney on the stages of creativity and Just Plain Folks.
|
|
|
|