|
7 members (Michael W. Brown, Gary E. Andrews, Andy K, texritter, CTthomas, Guy E. Trepanier, Everett Adams),
62,393
guests, and
6,050
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:39 PM
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:38 PM
|
|
|
|
|
Gone
by Michael W. Brown - 09/30/26 07:17 PM
|
|
|
Mara Cole
by Gary E. Andrews - 09/30/26 01:32 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 135
Serious Contributor
|
OP
Serious Contributor
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 135 |
Wow, 54 responses in no time flat! That's what I figured... ten pages of boosting AI on another thread, and now this one too...
The beauty of a democracy is that we all have our say, and we're all allowed to be wrong too, and talk about it as if we aren't.
I have sold songs, not a lot, but a few of them. I haven't heard them for a while , but they're out there, so that's not my issue. I myself could get a lot more gigs if I'd submit to the mundane ritual of a cover singer. The 'guy and a guitar' thing carries with it the expectation of the litany of folk tunes and classic rock songs that I just won't do. I teach those songs everyday to more than 50 students a week. Not that I don't like them, but cover tunes are not my goal.
But there is something much more noble, much more significant to the entire musical process when you make a contribution to it, paying your dues for me is just giving back to the process that gives us all so much, not to write the next Celine Dion hit but just anything that has your mark on it. I tell that to all of my students and several have embarked upon the path of songwriting, some instrumental, some lyrical. It doesn't matter which but to know that they are working at their craft and being creative is a real joy to see and hear.
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,068
Posts1,185,739
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"The great thing about a dream come true, is that it is born with a great appetite. That appetite keeps it growing and evolving and it swallows up all those other dreams you have and spits them back out as reality as well." -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
|