|
5 members (bennash, Guy E. Trepanier, texritter, Michael W. Brown, 1 invisible),
41,450
guests, and
5,888
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Goldroom
by Gary E. Andrews - 10/08/26 01:40 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
SOMA
by Gary E. Andrews - 10/07/26 11:11 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 8,463
Top 20 Poster
|
Top 20 Poster
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 8,463 |
Hi Kate I use Nero.......It is an all singing dancing media player and burner.....it also has a neat cover designer that can print my own CDs and sleeves etc. For playing files I need and use several players depending on the application I need at the time. Windows media player I find troublesome and it does not have the apps I need. With regard to you missing certain components.....this can be fixed with a repair......This is straightforward and easy to do. The installation disc you have for 7 should replace/repair the missing bits. If you do not know how to do this then I suggest you ask someone to do it for you. You may be able to get this done under warranty or insurance. With regard to you recording guitar/vocs I would suggest recording the vocals on a separate track from the guitar. Mic placement editing and adding FX is simpler this way and the end results would be so much better and sound more professional. Record the guitar first and then playback through headphones whilst recording vocals on another track. There are tutorials on Audacity that will help you with the tech issues. This link might help you get started. http://www.guidesandtutorials.com/audacity-tutorial.html
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,099
Posts1,185,823
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"First came if only? Then came what if? After that I'll bet. Next was just maybe. Followed by Aha, I thought so! And eventually, okay, what next!" -Brian Austin Whitney on the stages of creativity and Just Plain Folks.
|
|
|
|