Marc.... why defend mediocrity.... she is mediocre by any standards you know it and I know it. Nobody knows why these people make it. I am pretty sure that there is a huge media campaign aimed at kids and we all know kids will by anything that gets the publicity and is the in thing. As you say some pretty good acts slip through the net and some pretty duff ones make it big time each one is a puzzle. But please as musicians please DO NOT kid on you think they have talent. You must know thousands who could blow her away both in the songwriting and in the performing dept. I know a lot who can.
Do we as discerning adults really want or need nasally out of tune mega stars who sound like prepubescents on helium.
Nite I prefer proper full grown women to little girls both to look at and to listen to singing..... you wanna look out ogling teenagers.... some people get locked up for it.