|
7 members (Fdemetrio, texritter, Everett Adams, bennash, Michael W. Brown, 2 invisible),
57,274
guests, and
6,049
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
Toxic
by Rob B. - 10/04/26 02:16 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:39 PM
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:38 PM
|
|
|
|
|
Gone
by Michael W. Brown - 09/30/26 07:17 PM
|
|
|
Mara Cole
by Gary E. Andrews - 09/30/26 01:32 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 8,574
JPF Mentor
|
JPF Mentor
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 8,574 |
Robbie, welcome to JPF.
I am shy by nature. I would try to stay in my "comfort" zone, and consciously made myself speak to strangers so I didn't appear aloof or unfriendly.
Music brought me out.
I learned to play guitar sitting in my bedroom and listening to recordings. I wanted nothing more than to play music. But my first few times on stage, I got stage fright. My hands shook. On one show, the lighting man turned on a strobe light ( a light that flashes quickly and produces a jerky effect) I got disoriented and ran off the stage. Still, I wanted to play more than I wanted to sit in my room. Gradually, I found that the stage became my comfort zone. While I had to force myself to speak to a few people in a room, I could get up in front of a hundred people and sing and tell jokes. Then I began teaching music, first in high school, later at an adult education music school and in college. That finally cracked the ice. For a while I would "turn on" the teacher/performer in social situations and then it didn't matter. I became just me whether alone, with another person, a few people, or in front of thousands. Thank God for music. My love for music was stronger than my shyness. Maybe it will be the same for you. Good luck and God bless.
Mike
You've got to know your limitations. I don't know what your limitations are. I found out what mine were when I was twelve. I found out that there weren't too many limitations, if I did it my way. -Johnny Cash It's only music. -niteshift Mike Dunbar Music
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,074
Posts1,185,767
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"The great thing about a dream come true, is that it is born with a great appetite. That appetite keeps it growing and evolving and it swallows up all those other dreams you have and spits them back out as reality as well." -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
|