Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
SOMA
by Gary E. Andrews - 10/07/26 11:11 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Toxic
by Rob B. - 10/04/26 02:16 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 8,574
JPF Mentor
|
JPF Mentor
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 8,574 |
Kevin, I like your voice without pitch correction. It's very "Americana" and I wouldn't touch it unless you have an absolutely sour note, which I didn't here in the entire song. Now, there were a few notes after the key change where I might have tuned the background vocals. I work often in Sonar and really like the V Vocal pitch correction. I've spent as much as an hour or more working on tuning the vocal for a song, but that was for people who sang with "pop" country, gospel or rock voices. Voices like that will, for example hit a note and hold it for a while, you hit notes in a speaking manner, rarely holding over a quarter note. Looking at your graph, you're not as "off" as you interpret. An authentic sounding voice, that is pleasing and natural sounding will usually have the ending of the note in tune or very slightly flat, for example the way your "make" and "me" look. You could, if you wanted to, grab that line for "wonder" and push it up so the end is on the note or slightly above the note. Some producers might want it touched up a little, I wouldn't touch it at all.
Last edited by Mike Dunbar; 01/17/12 02:53 PM.
You've got to know your limitations. I don't know what your limitations are. I found out what mine were when I was twelve. I found out that there weren't too many limitations, if I did it my way. -Johnny Cash It's only music. -niteshift Mike Dunbar Music
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,090
Posts1,185,792
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"The great thing about a dream come true, is that it is born with a great appetite. That appetite keeps it growing and evolving and it swallows up all those other dreams you have and spits them back out as reality as well." -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
|