|
6 members (bennash, texritter, Guy E. Trepanier, Everett Adams, Gary E. Andrews, 1 invisible),
49,144
guests, and
5,997
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Toxic
by Rob B. - 10/04/26 02:16 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:39 PM
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:38 PM
|
|
|
|
|
Gone
by Michael W. Brown - 09/30/26 07:17 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 7,153 Likes: 87
Top 40 Poster
|
Top 40 Poster
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 7,153 Likes: 87 |
Voices are instruments and correct pitch is a big deal because it is the accuracy of the frequencies in the vocal and determines how well the vocal will lace into the frequencies of the other instruments in the mix. Out of tune is never good unless someone is so competent that they use it to create a technique for emphasizing something in some meaningful way.
If you have a real "pitchy" recording to begin with and then try to reach too far using auto-tune without being highly competent with other EQ adjustments...(I am not)....then you will get some of the non-human mechanistic tonal quality that occurs with automated voicemail. I know because that is what happens to me when I adjust the pitch too far on a note.
It takes me forever to do the vocals for one song, because I'm slow and plodding and not accomplished with sound devices, mostly...but also because I take the different parts of the vocal melody and record them and then look at them in melodyne...usually astonished to see how far off the pitch that they wander. I repeat the process endeavoring to make each repetition closer to good pitch until the graph looks reasonable and the pitch adjustment required is fairly undetectable.
In the past I have thought I was singing along fine but Melodyne proved otherwise and using Melodyne this way helped me re-calibrate my ear somewhat.
That's how I use Melodyne. There are no doubt more effective ways. I hope that is any help.
Martin
Last edited by Martin Lide; 02/04/17 06:29 PM.
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,083
Posts1,185,778
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"The great thing about a dream come true, is that it is born with a great appetite. That appetite keeps it growing and evolving and it swallows up all those other dreams you have and spits them back out as reality as well." -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
|