|
5 members (bennash, Michael W. Brown, Everett Adams, Gary E. Andrews, 1 invisible),
41,611
guests, and
5,725
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Toxic
by Rob B. - 10/04/26 02:16 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:39 PM
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:38 PM
|
|
|
|
|
Gone
by Michael W. Brown - 09/30/26 07:17 PM
|
|
|
Mara Cole
by Gary E. Andrews - 09/30/26 01:32 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,788
Top 40 Poster
|
Top 40 Poster
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,788 |
Hi Jean!
I love summer!!! I notice rule 3 is somewhat new and you have it in CAPS!! OUCH!!
In all honesty, I am going to post a lyric that is mostly new because I had started it in 2010 and you made me finish it w/your challenge. It is highly unusual for me to not finish a lyric the day I write it (I can't sleep if I don't) but this one came w/a melody and I was trying to fit the words to the melody and put it aside so I am crossing my fingers and posting anyway. I beg forgiveness.
“Summertime” (adult easy) (have melody) ©2010/2012 Lynn Orloff
Summertime We fell in love so fast in summertime Oh how we wished it last That cherished kiss would see us through Those seasons missed until I’d be with you...then
Autumn called With changing leaves that took too long to fall It seems our dreams were all but put on pause But I would wait, anticipate return of summertime
Refrain Winter’s snow Fell deep and cold and left me so alone My heart would have to wait till yours came home Oh how I longed for summertime…….
Instrumental (the instrumental will be a repeat of the Refrain's melody)
and then came...
Summertime Our favorite flower growing on the vine You found your way and slipped your hand in mine Oh how I find....I love the summer Love the summer Love the summertime
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,081
Posts1,185,775
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"The great thing about a dream come true, is that it is born with a great appetite. That appetite keeps it growing and evolving and it swallows up all those other dreams you have and spits them back out as reality as well." -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
There are no members with birthdays on this day. |
|
|
|