Getting General observations on songs is essential to growth as a writer or artist. Also, by participating in critiquing other people's songs, helps YOU see things in your own writing that you might not see other wise. Sort of like "If you want to learn how to do something, TEACH IT. I have learned more about my own writing by being in the critique process than any thing else I have ever done.

And they are all just an opinion. Some educated, some just a "gut level" thing and some that you simply don't agree with. That is fine. Music is very subjective and put ten people listening to one song, and you are likely to get ten different opinions.

But one cool thing is if you have a few opinions you trust, or ARE one of those opinions for others that they trust, is if you INDEPENDENTLY get several opinions and they all say the same thing, about certain aspects of the song, you know you might have learned something about your song you didn't know before. And if the opinions are all over the place, you just go with your gut.

Every little bit helps.
MAB