Opinions are only opinions. Some can help you. Others can hinder. I remember a couple years back on a composer’s forum. Can’t remember which one it was, but there were a lot of Hans Zimmer wannabee snobs. I posted a track of mine titled “Cutthroat”. Several gave it bad reviews, but this one person said I should study music more. He said music has to make sense (and apparently mine didn’t to him). He also said the arrangement and orchestration needed help. And said this track would never be used.

About two months later Recording magazine gave Cutthroat a 5 Star rating and raved about how real sounding the orchestration and samples were. A couple months after that, it was placed on a TV show. I never got back to that discouraging Zimmer wannabee.
Another instance… a publisher was looking for mysterious tracks for a show. The track I sent him was turned down. He said it wasn’t right for this show (I respected his opinion, even though he was wrong). So, I gave it to another publisher. About a half year later it was used on the same show of the first publisher – true story, and funny.

So… first off, one has to believe in him/herself and his/her music. And also, be objective when hearing criticism. Some can be useful, and some can be hurtful. Thank goodness I was arrogant enough to know the difference.

Best, John smile