Good grief, Kaley smile
You resurrected the "Bird Words" thread from 6 months ago and I responded there that I had made a mistake....that it reminded me of "Ya'll Come". So, since you didn't respond to it, I guess I'll have to assume you didn't read it.....
I'll say six Hail Mary's, I goofed. frown There's no need to do all this. The fact is, I realize now why I got those tunes confused. First off, I was no more than 7 years old when I heard my Mother and two of her sisters sing a special version....think they made it up, I'm gonna ask Mama today, as I don't recall it mentioned since way back then, but I'm sure she'll remember. They practiced it all day for a performance at some deal they belonged to. Guess that's why I remember it now. I know one of my aunts, Aunt Margaret, was there at the time, because I remember laughing with her son, Jimbo, when they sang it. Uncle Jim was in service, and they left for Europe when I was seven, and didn't return until I graduated high school at sixteen.

Their version was a combination of the two songs, something like

She'll be coming 'round the mountain when she comes (ya'll come)
She'll be coming 'round the mountain when she comes (ya'll come)
She'll be coming 'round the mountain, coming round the mt, comin' round the mt when she comes (ya'll come)
Ya'll come, ya'll come, ya'll come to see us now and then
Ya'll come, ya'll come, (hide the rooster) ya'll come to see us when you can
She'll be ridin' six white horses when she comes (ya'll come)
etc etc.

There you go. Sorry I caused you to waste all this time showing that what I said was wrong, especially after I responded as soon as I saw the Bird Words song pop up.
Ben
PS If I made a mistake, forgive me. I didn't have the time to read all this. Based on Vanessa's quick response, perhaps this had nothing to do with the other.......

Last edited by Ben F; 01/24/07 01:04 PM.