Ben.. No problem..... smile.... Unbeknownst to me...when I did go hunt for Bird Words... there was Vanessa's response...
from before Pineyfest... I was in Florida at the time and don't remember seeing V post... It bugs me when I've forgotten or didn't see a post...and haven't responded. I posted the notation so anyone could check it out if they cared to.
Yes....that did take me a lot of time...but It Is a good exercise for me.....and It also...makes me take notice
of what I was playing.

I almost dismissed a song this year because folks off the board told me it was too similar to another song. Three Industry folks later from two separate places, who listen to Adult Songs (vs. kids songs) for a living day in and day out.....listen to the same song..played the same way...and say...? You have one melody phrase the same...the rest is feel....Time to Start Demo'ing and Start Pitching Girl..... so.....I am admittedly a bit defensive..... I'm sorry too.
I just don't know the y'all come song...Ben.. but do know
coming around the mountain...

and Sorry about not responding on Bird Words...I was pretty well wrapped up on this thread last night....and only glanced...
at Bird Words...after I pulled it up.

Best to you with hugs.....
Kaley smile

was responding to your Edit......and had a whole separate.. post going so I've deleted that....
I was on the defensive....sorry. The figuring out of the notation...however...and showing the differences was for
anyone who cared to compare.. It also helps me to grow by
doing that sometimes. I normally compose by ear....to.....piano....into a software program on the computer
so....It's good for me...to actually figure out what I'm playing at times....

very best to you ......
and Hugs...
KK smile

Last edited by Kaley Willow; 01/24/07 04:47 PM.