|
6 members (Michael W. Brown, KyleCrawford, Gary E. Andrews, bennash, texritter, 1 invisible),
65,065
guests, and
5,630
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
Gone
by Michael W. Brown - 09/30/26 07:17 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Mara Cole
by Gary E. Andrews - 09/30/26 01:32 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 2,528
Top 100 Poster
|
Top 100 Poster
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 2,528 |
Ive always dismissed musician networks cause I feel like the people there are there for themselves, they are not real listeners.
Occasionally, I will get a friend request from somebody who doesnt even sing in english, way different style than me. And Ill be like "Sure we can be pals" !
I havent really tried to make money with my music, So I cant say for sure. Im pretty sure writing songs for other people through publishing is a pie in the sky thing.
I did write a song for a game company a old sports board game, the owner of the company wasnt crazy about it, but some of his employees heard it. I even got an email from a pretty well known sportswriter telling me I nailed what the game was about. Made me feel good. It was featured on some of their media, I had it up for sale on a site. I even got thousands of listens and made maybe 10 bucks LOL, I never did contact Nimbit to collect my dough though!
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,061
Posts1,185,725
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"If you are stuck in your musical composing, be unreasonable. Change your environment. If you are stuck in your lyrical efforts, instead of forcing the same old words out, force yourself to do unreasonable things." -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
|