|
11 members (KyleCrawford, texritter, Gary E. Andrews, Bill Draper, Guy E. Trepanier, Sunset Poet, Michael W. Brown, Everett Adams, bennash, 2 invisible),
53,757
guests, and
5,596
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
Gone
by Bill Draper - 09/30/26 02:55 PM
|
Mara Cole
by Gary E. Andrews - 09/30/26 01:32 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 4,700 Likes: 2
Top 100 Poster
|
Top 100 Poster
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 4,700 Likes: 2 |
Ah, I hadn't realised there'd been problems with the original format. Such a pity. Unfortunately, there were also a few glitches while the new format settled in. I'm sure that's normal, but it might have played a role as well, especially when members were already having trouble with the format. A site's layout needs to be simple (and uncluttered by graphics). 'JPF' and 'Muse Songwriters' are both good examples. They have plenty of forums and huge amounts of information on them, but everything is accessible by way of just one click. When you open the page, what you see is what you get. Sites where you need to go searching for what you're after - and then have to click a few times in order to drill down to get there - are self-defeating. (Oh yeah, our John needs a good crack of the whip now and then.  To give Sandra a hand occasionally, I'm usually somewhere in the vicinity. But getting back to your original question: I think a lot of people simply wander off in other directions. For instance, though I still do a lot of writing, I've been busy as well with another old hobby of mine - art - over the past couple of years. I'd felt the need to move away from words and spend more time with colour and form. A natural process, I think.  I also had a couple of periods where I just got burned out with writing (plus the pressure of too much editing work), so I took a few months off from lyrics. Each time, I was sure I'd never write another lyric, but lo and behold, one day I just woke up, and the first lines in months appeared in my mind. So what else could I do? 
Honour the Earth. Without it, we'd be nowhere.
Life is too important to take seriously.
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,059
Posts1,185,720
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"If you are stuck in your musical composing, be unreasonable. Change your environment. If you are stuck in your lyrical efforts, instead of forcing the same old words out, force yourself to do unreasonable things." -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
|