Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Goldroom
by Gary E. Andrews - 10/08/26 01:40 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
SOMA
by Gary E. Andrews - 10/07/26 11:11 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 7,158 Likes: 87
Top 40 Poster
|
Top 40 Poster
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 7,158 Likes: 87 |
Thanks for the information FD.
My songs are so simple, that it is pretty easy to knock a bass line out on the midi and then clean it up in the midi editor. What I really like about EZB is the tones. They are so much better than my DAW bass. Much more melodic with a lot of variations. When I hit the midi keys too hard, the strings even rattle.
I agree with you completely that most VSTs follow chords to closely. I spent hours trying to get a good result on piano from EZ KEYS. I've sliced and diced and tried suspended chords and on and on, yet cannot escape getting something that sounds somewhat lifelessly tied to the chord progression. That's what I like about BIAB. I bought it primarily for piano and steel petal guitar. It does a pretty good job of sounding like a real solo. I usually have to cut and paste some, but not too much.
In just a few years, I suspect that they will all be great at producing solos and accompaniments.
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,100
Posts1,185,830
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"First came if only? Then came what if? After that I'll bet. Next was just maybe. Followed by Aha, I thought so! And eventually, okay, what next!" -Brian Austin Whitney on the stages of creativity and Just Plain Folks.
|
|
|
|