|
7 members (Gary E. Andrews, texritter, KyleCrawford, Guy E. Trepanier, Michael W. Brown, CTthomas, 1 invisible),
15,019
guests, and
5,430
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 4,560 Likes: 143
Top 100 Poster
|
Top 100 Poster
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 4,560 Likes: 143 |
October was the first month since I started in this business that I didn't see one placement. I used to receive 15-20 placements a month. The last several years it came down to 3-5 placements a month. I imagine soon I'll be lucky to see any placements. Real composers are being buried by AI generated music. I'm thinking maybe this is the end of original music. Depressing. Well, I always told myself, when things slow down, I'll dedicate myself to serious piano works - for my own pleasure. Or send them to a print music publisher like G. Schirmer, Inc. I certainly purchased enough of their manuscripts when I was studying music. They owe me - ha, ha. John  Maybe you can use AI in your tool box , I'm sure the answer is no , But it's business man. Pros say that AI might replace a lot of humans, I guess it's coming to fruition , that kinda sucks. I really don't find it funny , thats your livelihood man. My producer was saying doing sound for a festival that somebody walked up and said robots might replace you . He shrugged and said I doubt it , who knows. one hour show he got 3k . not bad, of course he's real smart , not married on the road a lot , payed for house and studio cash . He'll be in Montana on festivals this month , I caught him yesterday singing a song in his studio
Last edited by bennash; 10/09/25 08:04 PM.
We’re all built from the same dust and dreams, Different roads, but the same means.
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,048
Posts1,185,697
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"If you are stuck in your musical composing, be unreasonable. Change your environment. If you are stuck in your lyrical efforts, instead of forcing the same old words out, force yourself to do unreasonable things." -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
|