Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
October was the first month since I started in this business that I didn't see one placement. I used to receive 15-20 placements a month. The last several years it came down to 3-5 placements a month. I imagine soon I'll be lucky to see any placements. Real composers are being buried by AI generated music. I'm thinking maybe this is the end of original music. Depressing. Well, I always told myself, when things slow down, I'll dedicate myself to serious piano works - for my own pleasure. Or send them to a print music publisher like G. Schirmer, Inc. I certainly purchased enough of their manuscripts when I was studying music. They owe me - ha, ha.
John
Maybe you can use AI in your tool box , I'm sure the answer is no , But it's business man. Pros say that AI might replace a lot of humans, I guess it's coming to fruition , that kinda sucks. I really don't find it funny , thats your livelihood man. My producer was saying doing sound for a festival that somebody walked up and said robots might replace you . He shrugged and said I doubt it , who knows. one hour show he got 3k . not bad, of course he's real smart , not married on the road a lot , payed for house and studio cash . He'll be in Montana on festivals this month , I caught him yesterday singing a song in his studio
I had a good talk with my publisher today. I wanted to know how AI has affected their business. He said so far, they haven’t noticed much difference. But he said their business was down 50% from the 2023 writer’s strike. He thinks they’ll eventually recover from that. He doesn’t know any music supervisors that are using AI generated tracks – but that may change. He said that AI tracks submissions have increased from 1% to 20%. However, they reject all AI tracks. Said there isn’t anyone that hates AI more than he does. I told him, you just talked with one – ha, ha.
John
That goes for Nashville publishers also... they hate AI songs . But you can't hide from the future , it does have good tools
This is BZ Lewis my producer , He's in big time sync biz like you , He's at some convention in Vegas
Last edited by bennash; 10/10/2511:47 PM.
We’re all built from the same dust and dreams, Different roads, but the same means.
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
"Sometimes reaching a goal earlier than planned is a great achievement. It shows you have worked hard, pushed ahead and made it happen. However, sometimes reaching a goal far past your original deadline, long after you wanted to complete it, and after the accolades you might once have gotten for the achievement are over, it is an even greater achievement. This shows you never gave up, due to adversity, deficit, criticism and those little life detours that end many dreams and goals. In many ways, this is a reason for even more pride!" -Brian Austin Whitney