|
7 members (Fdemetrio, Michael W. Brown, Andy K, Gary E. Andrews, Bill Draper, 2 invisible),
70,452
guests, and
6,204
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
Love Bomb
by Michael W. Brown - 10/10/26 08:09 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Goldroom
by Gary E. Andrews - 10/08/26 01:40 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
SOMA
by Gary E. Andrews - 10/07/26 11:11 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,384
Serious Contributor
|
Serious Contributor
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,384 |
I for the most part agree with you Jim! Many people tell me to raise my voice when I sing, and I have to shout even on quiet vocals. Decreasing the music just makes the sound thin, and I like the sound to be studio heavy. I need an actual singers mic. The singing was secondary to me.
I have just been using the mic boost with my souncard properties. But that can't be a natural reproduction of vocals. I'm naturally timid about singing loud by remembering my crazy youth. Which was'nt that long ago.
I did'nt know you were talking about a standard vocals mic. I'm looking for something of fair enough quality within the 50 to 100 dollar price range.
Since USB's are problematic and I have something of a computer interface now, I am looking for a decent mic that is'nt over 100 dollars. Although I may be well served to save up and fork out a little.
I don't want to highjack this post, because the poster might be commited to USB. Maybe I should PM what you think the best singing mics are for the price or open a topic for that.
You obviously know what you are talking about Jim, and I appreciate your input.
Matt
Last edited by mattbanx; 07/18/07 04:18 AM.
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,102
Posts1,185,837
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"First came if only? Then came what if? After that I'll bet. Next was just maybe. Followed by Aha, I thought so! And eventually, okay, what next!" -Brian Austin Whitney on the stages of creativity and Just Plain Folks.
|
|
|
|