Originally Posted by Terrill Coggins
Mark,

Being a new guy around here I'm learing who the "big hitters" are as far as writers and such. You seem to be in a league of your own! (How's that for an ambiguous compliment? Lol!) I truly mean that you have my respect. I come simply as a fan of great music and the chance to "hang out" with other writers who share an unapologetic passion for writing and creating is such a priviledge. Along with that is the recognition that some are men and women I'd gladly learn from. You are in that category. I truly enjoyed the be-jesus outta this song. Don't laugh, but I almost heard a Springsteen "Born to Run" thing in there a few times.

Kiss your Muse, she was good to you on this one.

Regards,
Terrill


Hey, Born to Run WAS a bit on my mind, just because it's a highway song with love and an engine...only no end of the world. grin

Big hitter? No, I'm really not so interested in reefer anymore... cool But I do really appreciate your appreciation. It's weird for me...some songs hit really well, others flop...but ALL of them are the obscure recordings of a guy, you know...just a guy. I am maybe more aware of what DOESN'T work with my stuff...it's stuck in time, rooted in the 70's and 60's. Other songwriters appreciate them, but the public at large is into other things. I know plenty about writing songs, but not so much about what sells.

Still, I plan on giving it a shot. Right now I'm learning as much as I can about production, learning more about lyrics and structure, seeing what others here have learned, collaborating here and there. This place is a haven for learning the craft, and the business. We all learn a lot here. But heavy I am not...dude, I'm maybe 170, and I'm six feet tall. wink

Very nice to meet you Terrill, and thanks for the kind words. -Mark