Originally Posted by Mark Schuessler
Lyle:

1. Awesome intro. I like the way it gathers momentum.
2. Melody of the third line of the verse is partcularly strong.
3. "Eldorado bring me faster, bring me freedom, When the loneliness cuts into me like fire" is the killer part of the song but it is over WAY too soon.
4. Overall, this is a unique, wild creative ride.

I was surprised that you didn't really feature the "Eldorado bring me faster, bring me freedom..." lines by repeating that melody and turning it into a full fledged chorus. I think that's a great hook.

Loved it.

Mark


Hi Mark!

Your post really made me think! You're right--the lift is more exciting than the chorus...the lift accelerates, while the chorus settles into a groove. So I added some EQ to the chorus and adjusted some volumes...but I'm still mulling over the best way to make it sustain the same energy.

Thanks you for the very helpful input! I'm still adding bits and pieces... grin

-Mark