|
7 members (Everett Adams, Michael W. Brown, KyleCrawford, Gary E. Andrews, bennash, texritter, 1 invisible),
67,323
guests, and
5,627
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
Gone
by Michael W. Brown - 09/30/26 07:17 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Mara Cole
by Gary E. Andrews - 09/30/26 01:32 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 8,463
Top 20 Poster
|
Top 20 Poster
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 8,463 |
Bill you are twisting my words I did not say that at all. What I am saying is that we are being bombarded with so much crap from these Karaoke type shows that it is stifling real talent and people with real talent are not getting a chance to bloom. It is not sour grapes or envy it is anger that our business is suffering. I am nearly 55 and thinking about retiring what have I got to be envious of. Sure lots of money would be nice but no big deal if I never see it. As for fame well had a taste of it once did not like it. Yes you are correct about the quality of stuff on radio and TV being crap. That is why I feel so bad about the whole thing. I would prefer to listen to Soundclick or Ourstage or even some of the stuff on JPF. I am sure that there is a hell of a lot stuff there more deserving than AI or any of those other similar shows so why do these people not get a chance. I do not want to fall out over this I just have a very strong opinion on MUSIC something that has been part of my life for so long. I hate to see good talent go to waste and third raters getting everything.
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,061
Posts1,185,725
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"If you are stuck in your musical composing, be unreasonable. Change your environment. If you are stuck in your lyrical efforts, instead of forcing the same old words out, force yourself to do unreasonable things." -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
|