|
5 members (texritter, Gary E. Andrews, Guy E. Trepanier, Michael W. Brown, 1 invisible),
42,276
guests, and
5,892
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:39 PM
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:38 PM
|
|
|
|
|
Gone
by Michael W. Brown - 09/30/26 07:17 PM
|
|
|
Mara Cole
by Gary E. Andrews - 09/30/26 01:32 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 8,574
JPF Mentor
|
JPF Mentor
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 8,574 |
Interestingly, Frank Sinatra got his start on "The Original Amateur Hour." I believe it was while Major Bowes was the host. When I was a child, Ted Mack hosted it and more recently Willard Scott has hosted it.
I've never particularly liked song contests as entertainment. If I want to watch contests, I watch sports or politics. If I want art, I listen to music or look at paintings. Nothing wrong with contests, they just don't float my boat. So, I've never seen more than maybe 10 minutes of AI, ever. But, there's always an outcry about the new from the old. I remember the "Disco Sucks" movement, the criticism about modern pop reminds me of that.
Personally, I have yet to hear a genre of music that didn't have good and bad music. In all my life, there has yet to be a time during which the current music wasn't dismissed as inferior to previous music. The folkies thought the Beatles sucked. The flower children thought the glam rockers sucked. The glam rockers thought the punks sucked. The punks sucked, but they were proud of it. It's the same in Country, the same in Bluegrass, the same in Irish music.
Pretty funny.
You've got to know your limitations. I don't know what your limitations are. I found out what mine were when I was twelve. I found out that there weren't too many limitations, if I did it my way. -Johnny Cash It's only music. -niteshift Mike Dunbar Music
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,071
Posts1,185,744
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"The great thing about a dream come true, is that it is born with a great appetite. That appetite keeps it growing and evolving and it swallows up all those other dreams you have and spits them back out as reality as well." -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
|