|
11 members (KyleCrawford, texritter, Gary E. Andrews, Bill Draper, Guy E. Trepanier, Sunset Poet, Michael W. Brown, Everett Adams, bennash, 2 invisible),
54,122
guests, and
5,586
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
Gone
by Bill Draper - 09/30/26 02:55 PM
|
Mara Cole
by Gary E. Andrews - 09/30/26 01:32 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 694
Serious Contributor
|
OP
Serious Contributor
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 694 |
@Mike: Thanks man! I'm pretty happy with the mixes myself. Mixing definitely feels less like voodoo now than it once did. Still, I'm no expert at it and, like you say, wearing all these hats is difficult. Fun, but difficult. @Lucian: I totally agree, the time travel thing is a little silly. I like silly. Plus, how many times do you get to discuss grandfather paradoxes after hearing a song? Not often enough, I say!  I find it really interesting how people can ever seem to agree on what is catchy and what is not. Where Kaley feels a drive, you feel stuck in second gear. Why would that be? @Tom: Thanks! I never purposely set out to give songs a retro feel, yet I often end up with something that has that feel. I guess I must just like a good 'ol tune 
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,059
Posts1,185,720
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"If you are stuck in your musical composing, be unreasonable. Change your environment. If you are stuck in your lyrical efforts, instead of forcing the same old words out, force yourself to do unreasonable things." -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
|