|
5 members (Everett Adams, bennash, Michael W. Brown, Fdemetrio, Gary E. Andrews),
102,857
guests, and
5,951
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
Love Bomb
by Michael W. Brown - 10/10/26 08:09 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Goldroom
by Gary E. Andrews - 10/08/26 01:40 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
SOMA
by Gary E. Andrews - 10/07/26 11:11 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,997
Top 20 Poster
|
Top 20 Poster
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,997 |
HI Magne Yes throw an occasional curve ball. gets them off the scent a bit  I wrote a pop song a ways back and it was about a person not being able to see themselves as OUT of the relationship. Ya know "can't handle the hurt" or the other person moving on. And they sing I don't see it in a photograph Can't picture me under the broken glass Someday somebody's gonna take my place A different face in a heart shape frame Okay you expect - Place to fall in place and rhyme with faceI got sooo much more out of that because I forced myself to not use the obvious rhyme. Now I got more imagery and support for my feelings and message. And it sings like a bird - Perfectly! I remember a few years back the A&R guy who produces & did Kelly Clarkson's first hit record tried to give me a tiny bit of insight on lyrics. Only it helps more if before you open your mouth you read the lyrics to your own songs or the ones your paying money to. "It was all pretend,we started out a s friends. back at school everything was cool"
He went on to say how the song had to be new and fresh, just like this one right? Man I wish I had thought of that  And you're like "well she's a kid so I guess it's acceptable, then you find out that two grown men wrote it not her. Listen you don't accept that lyric then try to to BS somebody afterwards lol.... There is nothing new & fresh about it or her. But that's what the music biz is all about - Your suck, sucks. Our suck doesn't suck!"  lol
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,103
Posts1,185,839
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"First came if only? Then came what if? After that I'll bet. Next was just maybe. Followed by Aha, I thought so! And eventually, okay, what next!" -Brian Austin Whitney on the stages of creativity and Just Plain Folks.
|
|
|
|