|
5 members (bennash, Guy E. Trepanier, texritter, Michael W. Brown, 1 invisible),
41,450
guests, and
5,888
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Goldroom
by Gary E. Andrews - 10/08/26 01:40 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
SOMA
by Gary E. Andrews - 10/07/26 11:11 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 90
Serious Contributor
|
Serious Contributor
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 90 |
Quite a lively discussion here. I'd like to RESPECTFULLY clarify a few things. First for Mr. Dunbar. I can only speak for myself, but I feel you've missed the point of those last few posts. I wasn't whining or complaining about change. You are dead on when you say (paraphrasing here) that change is constant. I spent some time in the auto industry back when they made the big paradigm shift from being product oriented to service oriented. I was sent to several cool seminars on how to deal with change. So I'm not resisting it, just looking for my place within it. My philosophy has always been, "If you don't like the changes, change them". But as a casual observer of this world for over 50 years I've seen the good and the bad. And you will never convince me that (as a single example) the changes we, as songwriters, have to work with, are for the good. And for Mr. Emmerich, I respect to my toes, your right to take advantage of any opportunity that comes your way. I've seen some very good band in a box guys, my only problem is that listening is one thing, while watching is another. You tear it up dude, I'll be the first one to clap, because I do respect what you do. And as far as the alcohol stuff goes, you are exactly right that the numbers do reflect that less people are dying, and praise God for that. But the damage has already been done to the creative community, and that has nothing to do with morality or legalities. I guess I'm just old, and think we ought to be able to reach as many people as possible, without having to do "the chicken dance". Thanks for the respectful conversation.
Peace, Steve
What's another word for Thesaurus? --- Steven Wright ---
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,099
Posts1,185,823
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"First came if only? Then came what if? After that I'll bet. Next was just maybe. Followed by Aha, I thought so! And eventually, okay, what next!" -Brian Austin Whitney on the stages of creativity and Just Plain Folks.
|
|
|
|