|
5 members (KyleCrawford, Gary E. Andrews, Michael W. Brown, texritter, Guy E. Trepanier),
125,514
guests, and
5,741
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:39 PM
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:38 PM
|
|
|
|
|
Gone
by Michael W. Brown - 09/30/26 07:17 PM
|
|
|
Mara Cole
by Gary E. Andrews - 09/30/26 01:32 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 29,275
Top 10 Poster
|
Top 10 Poster
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 29,275 |
Well-put, Midnight!
I, too, admire what BC's done to further his dream. & you, as-well. It's also fascinating to see what Marc & Mike D's "Insider's" takes on Today's Realities are..for the ever-evolving Music Biz.
You ask "What do you want?" and "What are you willing to sacrifice to get it?" Waal..back when I was younger, more naive, and had far-more loot to sacrifice, I (perhaps..typically) wanted to be the Next Jimmy Buffett...
Now that I'm older, wiser, & somewhat broker, I've "settled" for getting a Song in a Movie (Thanks to You & Doug Murphy for the "Assist!") and getting a Cut on a well-financed/serious promo budgeted Emerging Artist (Thanks Jami Asselin & her manager-dad, Branson's Jim Rader..& co-writer Andy Karpinski!)
I realize the Chances of ever making "Serious Money" have prettymuch evaporated in da Music Biz. I realize that my re-couping the over $100K I've thus-far expended over 25 years are near-nil..and that the many trips to L.A. and NashCity and Branson, MO were probably near-total wastes, from a Serious Business Standpoint.
And, that my Day Job certainly IS "Better-Paying" and my wife'll ALWAYS be here to remind me what a waste it WAS, tryin' to conquer "Music, Inc."
Yet, I think all of us who Keep-At-It are like the guy who built the Watts Towers in L.A...Simon "Sam" Rodia..who I'll quote here: "I had it in my mind I wanted to do something big & I did it." In Sam's case, he did it all in his Spare Time..with His Money..with mostly his own simple Hand Tools..with NO seriously thought-out Architectural PLANS...& then..Completed..deeded it to his neighbor & went to move nearer to his kids, leaving The City and Humanity to decide whether he was crazy or not. "Nuevo Pueblo" was Sam's name for his Opus.."Our Town". It's NOW in the Nat'l Register of Historic Places..&..after L.A.'s debating on tearing it all down..the Locals saved it..& it's living happily-ever-after as "Historical Monument #15" via the L.A. Historical Commission.
I doubt that Sam ever made much loot offa all-7 of those Really Interesting Towers...but..well, the Guy DID live his dream, in spite of what it Cost Him & What The Neighbors Thought.
Waal...back to buildin' the Next "Lyrical Tower"...& Hey, ya never know...
Best Wishes, Stan
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,066
Posts1,185,737
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"Sometimes reaching a goal earlier than planned is a great achievement. It shows you have worked hard, pushed ahead and made it happen. However, sometimes reaching a goal far past your original deadline, long after you wanted to complete it, and after the accolades you might once have gotten for the achievement are over, it is an even greater achievement. This shows you never gave up, due to adversity, deficit, criticism and those little life detours that end many dreams and goals. In many ways, this is a reason for even more pride!" -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
|