|
8 members (Gary E. Andrews, texritter, KyleCrawford, Michael W. Brown, bennash, Guy E. Trepanier, CTthomas, 1 invisible),
22,612
guests, and
5,611
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 90
Serious Contributor
|
Serious Contributor
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 90 |
Wow, You folks make some great points. Like I said earlier, I don't have the answer, but I can see some stuff coming down. I can't help thing about the history of it all. If go back far enough you realize that creativity fueled the technology. When you think of it as a better way to communicate, it's mankinds vision to do something bigger, better. Thus, the telegraph, the telephone, the cylinder recorders, acetate, vinyl, tape, CD's/DVD's, and finally a totally digital realm. Our creativity drove all that. But guess what's changed. The technology is now in the drivers seat, with us in the back. The tech world has made it so easy to act like a star, sound like a star, and so on. Without the technology there would be no karaoke, band in a box, backing tracks, all of it. I'm not slighting anyone that takes advantage of that stuff,that's why it's here. But those of us that are old school, have to preserve our places while the download generation figures out, they need us. I'll tell ya who I think is in real trouble, the recording studios. If I take the time, I can produce recordings from start to finish, with my little puter. In 1994, I purchased a small recording studio, complete with ADAT 8-tracks and all the gear. $50,000 worth of equipment. I can now do anything I did there, from the comfort of my little chair with the help of this puter. I realize this is slightly off topic, but it does come full circle, to what's gonna happen with radio! I can't help thinking that radio will survive in spite of itself. The advertisers need the medium. If not, they'll find a way to get their words into what is now free stuff. Either way, nothing that is free can last for long, without someone figuring out a way to cash in on it. There, I've said my piece.
Peace, Steve
What's another word for Thesaurus? --- Steven Wright ---
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,051
Posts1,185,700
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"If you are stuck in your musical composing, be unreasonable. Change your environment. If you are stuck in your lyrical efforts, instead of forcing the same old words out, force yourself to do unreasonable things." -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
|