|
6 members (Michael W. Brown, texritter, bennash, Everett Adams, 2 invisible),
55,041
guests, and
5,927
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Goldroom
by Gary E. Andrews - 10/08/26 01:40 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
SOMA
by Gary E. Andrews - 10/07/26 11:11 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Toxic
by Rob B. - 10/04/26 02:16 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 5,581
Top 50 Poster
|
OP
Top 50 Poster
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 5,581 |
The lyric seems too generically philosophical. The singer-character is talking about 'you' throughout, never an 'I' to interact with the 'you' or to be the one with all these feelings. I wonder if the lyric could be re-written to make it a first-person statement of a point of view. It's hard to stay with line after line of philosophy without a concrete reality to apply them to. I only listened twice but didn't get that sense of somebody in the song. The 'you' came across as the collective you, saying any listener is experiencing these feelings, in my opinion, not the singer-character or any other specific person. I just wonder if the lyric could be tweaked to strengthen the sense of story, rather than abstract or general philosophy. Thanks Gary for the critique but as for this song, I can't do anything about changing it either musically or lyrically as it is not my song. I just did the demo you heard. Stevie
I'm the only person here who is not unique.
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,097
Posts1,185,820
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"First came if only? Then came what if? After that I'll bet. Next was just maybe. Followed by Aha, I thought so! And eventually, okay, what next!" -Brian Austin Whitney on the stages of creativity and Just Plain Folks.
|
|
|
|