|
10 members (Gary E. Andrews, Bill Draper, Guy E. Trepanier, Sunset Poet, texritter, Michael W. Brown, Everett Adams, bennash, 2 invisible),
52,707
guests, and
5,725
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
Gone
by Bill Draper - 09/30/26 02:55 PM
|
Mara Cole
by Gary E. Andrews - 09/30/26 01:32 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 513
Top 500 Poster
|
Top 500 Poster
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 513 |
I thought the tune was powerful and really well put together.
The performance and production on Janice's vocals were one of the highlights of the song. The percussion track and sound was another. I really liked the drums on this one.
I thought the lyrics fit the song and style perfectly and wouldn't change a thing.
The mix is really good. It's not perfect but it's damn good. If Tom spends any time updating the song or mix at any point I would have him pay special attention to the acoustic guitar panned left. It sounds good but it could use a bit more space/depth when it is 'holding down the fort' and maybe a touch of EQ to sit it in the mix just a bit better. The bones (drums and bass) were excellent. The electric guitar riffs sat really well in the mix as well. The main vocals sounded fine but I felt it was missing an edge that would have matched the lyrics even better. I can't really put my finger on it but maybe a bit more aggressive sound on that lead vocal (I know it's an artistic thing; sorry I can't be more specific on EQ or whatever). In any case, it sounds good now, and give my regards to Tom on a song well done.
I liked it!
Peace, TC
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,059
Posts1,185,720
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"If you are stuck in your musical composing, be unreasonable. Change your environment. If you are stuck in your lyrical efforts, instead of forcing the same old words out, force yourself to do unreasonable things." -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
|