Hi Kaley,
Good point by John, as well as your own assessment. I agree.

One way to address it might be to have the bird decide to just sit on a branch and watchover the squirrels and eventually have the squirrel parents (who had been frantically searching for them) return. You could include some extra story development by describing how the bird took some kind of action to protect the young squirrels from a threat that happened by.
Or you could simply have the bird do a fly over and find the parents guiding them to the young squirrels.

And you could change the beginning so that the young squirrels were alone because they wandered away to play and became lost
( a lesson for kids not to wander away from their parents).

And the story could end with the bird being happy about her new and busy role watching out, from the tree tops, for any other residents of the row (young or old) who might need help.
This could lead to more stories.

Just a thought,(well, more than just one thought, I guess. I got a little carried away crazy)

GJ

Last edited by GJShades; 08/08/08 08:29 PM.