Hi Joe,

Excellent point! I hope the show goes really well for you.

I think that in today's environment the hardest thing to accept is that in order to get our music heard sometimes we have to give it away. That seems so abstract when we think of all the work we put into it, the hours of time it took to put it all together, but what good is it if no one ever hears it? In order for people to like it , they have to hear it, and that doesn't only apply to the band, it applies to your CD, or your single as well.

You start out by giving away as many copies as people will accept, and then just like a good drug pusher, when ya got them hooked, the price goes up! ( lol, I know that's maybe not be the nicest comparison, but that's what it always reminds me of )

I once met a songwriter that refused to do songwriter nights, or play his songs in public, because he felt the other writers, or someone in the audience, was going to steal his songs. The last time I heard from him years later he was still complaining about how he couldn't get anyone in the business to listen to them. Only one guy he had talked to even offered to listen, but he wanted him to send three songs in on a CD, and he wasn't going to do that because the guy might copy them, or steal his hooks and give his ideas to some other songwriter. I doubt anyone will ever hear anything the guy has wrote, so what was the sense of writing them at all?

Sometimes you have to be willing to give...to get.

Billy Darnell