Hi Joe,

You sure are invested in this song -- and that's fine with me! If it passes muster with you, then I know I'll be in good shape...

Anyhoo, let me respond to your comments:

1) Brunette line: are you worried I'd be alienating a bevy of blondes here...or is there something about the line that doesn't read right to you? At this point, I have mixed feelings about it. On one hand, if they're lucky enough to be blonde, they should be thankul, and not worry about what us poor brunettes are writing about ( laugh ) . And seriously, dare I utter the words, "I'm not especially concerned with commercial viability" on this one. If say, Kellie Pickler thought it was up her alley (actually poor choice, she'd like that line)...um, if someone of "Blonde Importance" desperately wanted the song and the only line holding them back was that -- I'd drop it. Besides, in some ways, I think it's a back-handed compliment to Cookie. smile

On the other hand, is the little zinger worth ruffling those fair feathers? I dunno....let me think on it a bit more. And certainly, if there are any blondes reading this, I'd appreciate your input. (For the record, I don't think there's anything wrong with being blonde...in fact, some of my best friends are blonde, so.... grin )

2) Bun-ny in the oven: After much hemming and hawing, I agree with you. As much as I love the whole fun rhyme-y format, it actually makes me think of Glenn Close's rabbit scene in "Fatal Attraction". Don't want to go there. So yeah, I'm going to try to re-work that section.

3) Pussy Galore reference: I think if people get it, great, and if they don't, it doesn't take away from the song.

So thanks, Joseph-y, for keeping tabs on me and my lyric here.

Stay tuned....

Beth


http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_music.cfm?bandID=949237

http://www.myspace.com/goldencatfish

"Fill what's empty, empty what's full, and scratch where it itches."