|
9 members (texritter, Michael W. Brown, bennash, Guy E. Trepanier, CTthomas, Gary E. Andrews, Sunset Poet, Everett Adams, 1 invisible),
23,126
guests, and
5,572
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 10,943 Likes: 3
Top 10 Poster
|
Top 10 Poster
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 10,943 Likes: 3 |
Human beings survived because they evolved into clans, tribes, communes, whatever. To say that socialism is anti-evolutionary is an interesting concept. Russia/China have never practiced socialism or communism. They are military dictatorships using some of the principles of socialism/communism where it suits their purposes to control the population.
As for Obama, I understood the reasoning behind year one's huge deficit (hated the concept, but I understood some of the reason). However, I see no reason for year 2, 3 ... huge deficits. They are destructive to capitalism, socialism or any other -ism's I can think of. If he keeps this up, I'm voting the other way next time.
I understand bailing out GM and other manufacturing firms that are not competitive because of the imbalance of fair wages throughout the world (and management/union mistakes). I don't understand bailing out financial institutions that created this mess.
Since this is a Palin thread, what are her viewpoints on this? All I've heard are soundbites -- but I know there's more there (at least I hope there is).
Kevin
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,051
Posts1,185,700
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"If you are stuck in your musical composing, be unreasonable. Change your environment. If you are stuck in your lyrical efforts, instead of forcing the same old words out, force yourself to do unreasonable things." -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
|