|
7 members (Gary E. Andrews, texritter, KyleCrawford, Guy E. Trepanier, Michael W. Brown, CTthomas, 1 invisible),
15,019
guests, and
5,430
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 5,776 Likes: 24
Top 50 Poster
|
OP
Top 50 Poster
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 5,776 Likes: 24 |
Hi Y'all... http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=908328&songID=11607988This is a 1995 4-track demo I recorded while living in Nashville, and heavily under the influence of Guy Clark and Townes Van Zandt. It never graduated to full production cuz it seemed out-of-sync with what was coming out at the time. Then I forgot about it for a dozen years or so, and only found it just now while in the process of trying to gather my pro stuff to upload to my future host, Bandcamp. So I thought I'd share it! I haven't been doing country lately, mostly modern classical for music production libraries. Please feel free to critique! Oh, btw, that last written verse is a "facsimile" of what I remembered writing for a possible second version, around that time. It never got recorded, but I included it, here. Thanks...  ************************************************************** Magic Music Box (Michael Zaneski, 1995, All Rights Reserved) When I was ten I had a pocket radio I knew the words to all my favorite songs I listened with it underneath my pillow and all my friends would sing me all night long It was me and ma but they were just like family Buck and Marty, Dolly, Glen and Merle And ma was worried how I stood by Tammy Yeah Tammy was my very first best girl She was gentle on my mind Underneath my pillow Pickin' up Tulsa time far away as Amarillo I know Billie Jo's just layin' low Down in the boondocks It was more than just a radio My magic music box Oh I loved to tune it in to far 'way places The static sounded like how spacemen talked And I tried to picture how music could travel Could fly into my magic music box But then one day I lost my magic radio I kicked it running for the ice cream man And momma said "no big, I'll buy another" Oh momma momma you don't understand It was gentle on my mind Underneath my pillow Pickin' up Tulsa time far away as Amarillo I know Billie Jo's just layin' low Down in the boondocks It was more than just a radio My magic music box It was more than just a radio My magic music box
Last edited by Michael Zaneski; 05/28/12 08:10 PM.
Fate doesn't hang on a wrong or right choice Fortune depends on the tone of your voice
-The Divine Comedy (Neil Hannon) from the song "Songs of Love" from the album "Casanova" (1996)
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,047
Posts1,185,696
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"If you are stuck in your musical composing, be unreasonable. Change your environment. If you are stuck in your lyrical efforts, instead of forcing the same old words out, force yourself to do unreasonable things." -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
|