Originally Posted by MFB III
I love how you wove all the songs of that time into the chorus, a tapestry of memories for all who lived in that era. Very nicely done. This song is timeless. And the hook is superb, that transitional/transistor radio. great instrumental as well Mike. Guess I like this one lots.~~lol~~MFB III


Hi MFB III,

Thanks! You got all those references? You don't look that old? You must truly have a love of country music, then, to know those old tunes. I don't think Billy Jo Royal's "Down In The Boondocks" was a big country hit, though, that one was a pop hit, I think, and may have then crossed over. Great song though!

Thanks again. smile

Mike


Fate doesn't hang on a wrong or right choice
Fortune depends on the tone of your voice

-The Divine Comedy (Neil Hannon)
from the song "Songs of Love"
from the album "Casanova" (1996)