Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Goldroom
by Gary E. Andrews - 10/08/26 01:40 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
SOMA
by Gary E. Andrews - 10/07/26 11:11 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,608
Top 50 Poster
|
Top 50 Poster
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,608 |
I've seen some odd ones, but not beyond what's being talked about here. I mean to record a PD song here in a bit that switches between 3/4 and 4/4 between the verse and chorus, with an odd 3/4 measure thrown into the verse here and there. I was wondering if I could just tell GarageBand it was a 12/4, and make it work? It doesn't let you change time sig. or tempo during the track. Even so--what IT thinks the downbeat is, will still be off while the metronome's counting, because of the odd measures tossed in. It's not hard to play or sing, but it IS hard to lead it. So.... does anyone know any recording software that allows for changes like these to be programmed in, and counted right? Clearly changing tempos, key, and signature is common musical practice. You'd think more software would allow for these sorts of things. ??? Thanks for any input! I don't mean to hijack the original purpose... sorry if I did! Linda
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,099
Posts1,185,826
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"First came if only? Then came what if? After that I'll bet. Next was just maybe. Followed by Aha, I thought so! And eventually, okay, what next!" -Brian Austin Whitney on the stages of creativity and Just Plain Folks.
|
|
|
|