|
5 members (Gary E. Andrews, texritter, KyleCrawford, Guy E. Trepanier, Michael W. Brown),
129,423
guests, and
5,627
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:39 PM
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:38 PM
|
|
|
|
|
Gone
by Michael W. Brown - 09/30/26 07:17 PM
|
|
|
Mara Cole
by Gary E. Andrews - 09/30/26 01:32 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,997
Top 20 Poster
|
Top 20 Poster
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,997 |
Hi Mark
Dont get too frustrated, you're off to an excellent start already.
1- I ALWAYS leave the room at some point and listen from far away. That is almost the same as listening VERY low which I also do. But not quite.
When you put the volume really really low that's how you can tell if something is too loud or low. Like say you set the vocal level and it sounds okay then you turn the volume really really low and the vocal is still very present, that means it may be too loud or just perfect. If I'm not sure I walk out to another room to check.
If someones says is that guitar loud enough? Lower the volume very low and see "Can I still hear it fine?
Walking out of the room usually has me going back and lowering something...
All those check points you listed are good ones... I use the first two all the time. Listening in mono is something I don't do unless I'm purposely mixing in mono.
We also keep a boom box around and a cheap cheap CD/Radio player 10 bucks....
But the best is in the car cause I believe that's were 90% of the people listen to music....
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,064
Posts1,185,735
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"Sometimes reaching a goal earlier than planned is a great achievement. It shows you have worked hard, pushed ahead and made it happen. However, sometimes reaching a goal far past your original deadline, long after you wanted to complete it, and after the accolades you might once have gotten for the achievement are over, it is an even greater achievement. This shows you never gave up, due to adversity, deficit, criticism and those little life detours that end many dreams and goals. In many ways, this is a reason for even more pride!" -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
|