|
5 members (Everett Adams, bennash, Michael W. Brown, Fdemetrio, Gary E. Andrews),
102,857
guests, and
5,951
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
Love Bomb
by Michael W. Brown - 10/10/26 08:09 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Goldroom
by Gary E. Andrews - 10/08/26 01:40 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
SOMA
by Gary E. Andrews - 10/07/26 11:11 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 6,403
Top 40 Poster
|
Top 40 Poster
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 6,403 |
Art, I have done that, and within its limitations it does work. I don't think of them as "pirate" radio stations, though; just because Clear Channel doesn't own it does not mean it's illegal.
One of the radio stations that is playing my stuff is a little independent down in Ashland, Oregon. Small enough so they've still got DJs, and the DJs still control their own playlists. They broadcast, but not over a wide range--but they stream, and that's how I pick up their stuff from 300 miles away. (It's also how I picked up their stuff when I lived *ten* miles away. They are small.)
And that's the big headache in dealing with radio today. The ones that still control their playlists are all small, so you the promoter-artist have a longer row to hoe to get attention.
I might mention also that the main reason that radio station is playing my stuff is I know personally two of the DJs. I'm not sure I could have gotten airplay without that. So the row looks a little longer, don't it?
Joe
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,103
Posts1,185,839
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"First came if only? Then came what if? After that I'll bet. Next was just maybe. Followed by Aha, I thought so! And eventually, okay, what next!" -Brian Austin Whitney on the stages of creativity and Just Plain Folks.
|
|
|
|