|
9 members (Gary E. Andrews, texritter, Fdemetrio, Michael W. Brown, Sunset Poet, bennash, Everett Adams, 2 invisible),
33,808
guests, and
5,879
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
Goldroom
by Gary E. Andrews - 10/08/26 01:40 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
SOMA
by Gary E. Andrews - 10/07/26 11:11 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Toxic
by Rob B. - 10/04/26 02:16 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 154
Serious Contributor
|
Serious Contributor
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 154 |
Your welcome Brian/color theory,
I don't look at it as an opportunity to build a Fan mailing list, I am more concerned with getting my music out there to be heard by the masses.
I have always believed in putting it out there and letting the public judge it's value or it's worth. I have learned that it doesn't matter what I think about the song, it's what the listener finds in it that's important. As long as they keep listening, I guess I'll keep writing it.
So far 4 out of the 5 songs I have released to radio through comps have made the ECMA top 100 chart, so I guess someone is listening, and enjoying.
Who knows , I keep writing, they keep listening, and just maybe, one day it all comes together. The stars align just perfectly, a moment of magic flows from a pen, and I write a great song that finally puts me over the top. Even if it never happens, I love what I am doing, and knowing that it is appreciated, even by a select few. I'm a songwriter , and a singer, it's who I am, and what I do. Everything else is just a fringe benefit.
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,096
Posts1,185,802
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"The great thing about a dream come true, is that it is born with a great appetite. That appetite keeps it growing and evolving and it swallows up all those other dreams you have and spits them back out as reality as well." -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
|