Hey All...

Interesting thread. I've read Brain Whitney's comments, and also Brian's( Color Theory ) comments, and what distrubs me the most is CT's statement....

"For $100, Jango will play my song 5,000 times, arguably to people who want to hear it."

To me, it's simply flawed logic. I understand CT, that you have spent 7k on radio promotion, and if it's through a legit PR firm, that's quite acceptable. PR firms exist for that reason.

To pay a "station" anything to play your music is self defeating. It simply means that your material is not worthy of being picked up, played, and hence earning advertising reveue for the station. Music is aired because people like to listen to it. Those people listen to the advertising, and buy the product.

If you simply pay to have it aired, that means any old piece of rubbish can be aired, and listeners simply don't like that. There's no filtering mechanism. They'll switch off. But does the station care ? Heck no, they've got YOUR money.

If you'd care to send me $30, I'll play your song on my internet station. Better than that, I'll do it for free if it's any good. Most of the songs there get around 1000 - 1500 plays a month. Why ? Because people simply want to listen to them.

http://iacmusic.com/stations/KIAC4911.htm

Paying for internet streams ? It's absolute nonsence.

cheers, niteshift