|
7 members (Fdemetrio, bennash, texritter, Everett Adams, Michael W. Brown, 2 invisible),
49,490
guests, and
6,203
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
Toxic
by Rob B. - 10/04/26 02:16 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:39 PM
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:38 PM
|
|
|
|
|
Gone
by Michael W. Brown - 09/30/26 07:17 PM
|
|
|
Mara Cole
by Gary E. Andrews - 09/30/26 01:32 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 66
Serious Contributor
|
Serious Contributor
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 66 |
I just don't get it. You're getting 40 - 80 unpaid plays a day, so that's 60 people on average who want to listen to your music. I've just checked my IAC stats, and ten days into the month, without promotion of any kind, the play count is 650. Add to that, plays from Ourstage, and soundclick, and it would probably add to around 1,000. So lets say, 3000 for the month. Very low figures, but then again, I haven't been promotiong anything. I get more plays on other sites too, but some plays are more valuable than others. I try new things out, measure their effectiveness, and dump what doesn't work. What kind of sales are you getting out of those 3,000 plays per month? When I got 4,000 plays at OurStage through winning the electronic category, it didn't result in any sales that I could trace. I doubt more than 10% of those listens went past the 0:30 mark, due to the nature of the contest.
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,074
Posts1,185,768
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"The great thing about a dream come true, is that it is born with a great appetite. That appetite keeps it growing and evolving and it swallows up all those other dreams you have and spits them back out as reality as well." -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
|