|
5 members (texritter, Sunset Poet, Everett Adams, KyleCrawford, 1 invisible),
16,362
guests, and
5,514
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 6,343
Top 30 Poster
|
Top 30 Poster
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 6,343 |
Jim to think Lyric writers have no investment is wrong as well. If you own part of the song you are committing a conflict of interest to expect to be paid by your partner to perform it. IMHO It's kind of like the "company store" Capitalism at it's worst...  I'm surprised at you  The finished product is not a DEMO it is a master owned by the writers, both of them. This can be sold, shopped, set up for digital download. Anything either partner wants to do with the song. If the composer has faith in the song they won't expect to be paid for COMPOSING THEIR OWN SONG because that is what it is. If the composer has enough faith in the song to put their name on it why would they expect the Lyric writer to pay them. I just cannot see that as a fair way to do this. I am by no means talented enough to match you or Haze's ability in performing the song but I do have about $7000.00 worth of equipment sitting here. If anyone came to me with a lyric and asked me to write the music for it as a co write I would never in my wildest dreams expect to be paid to record the music I have created and then have the Cojones to ask for a co write. That is my opinion on the matter. I won't change the way I feel about it and it seems you or Polly won't either so lets just agree to disagree and move on. I will wait patiently for news that someone is willing to enter into this type of co writing agreement.
Last edited by Bill Robinson; 10/01/10 06:22 PM.
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,050
Posts1,185,699
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"If you are stuck in your musical composing, be unreasonable. Change your environment. If you are stuck in your lyrical efforts, instead of forcing the same old words out, force yourself to do unreasonable things." -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
|