Roy,

Glad you have had a good experience. Where are you located by the way?

I compare the Nashville process, songwriting, recording, performing, etc. as comparison to "Method acting" or "Improve comedy." it has a certain amount of production line craft issues.There are only so many notes, so many ways to say "I love you."

But there is also a spirit that we try (and I am only speaking for myself and the people I work with here but think you would find a lot of it) to bring something "special" to everything we do. Our reputation rides on anything we do.

The same as a method actor. When they are on the stage, or screen, they have rehearsed a part, read the script,gotten the formula for that part down. But they are able to give a little something extra to each part, inhabit it and give them something special in each thing. The improv comedians have the same thing. There are forumlas, certain methods for set up and delivery, but there is something that creates "magic" when they are able to turn it on.

If you ever get a copy of a Jim Carey movie, and watch the "outtakes" at the end of a scene, you will see how he delivers different nuances to each performance. That is what makes the magic.

I would like to think we do the same thing. We find the center of the part we are creating or the song we are writing, inhabit it with our own personalities and talents.

We try to make magic. Not 100% effective,but I would venture that most are more pleased than dissapointed.

MAB