|
5 members (texritter, KyleCrawford, Michael W. Brown, Everett Adams, 1 invisible),
32,197
guests, and
5,496
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
Gone
by Michael W. Brown - 09/29/26 02:00 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,608
Top 50 Poster
|
OP
Top 50 Poster
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,608 |
Oh - and now - after attending a Christmas concert this year - the lady the row in front of us found me afterwards and said, "Who was it with that pretty voice behind me? Was that you?" and since there were no other ladies right around us I said "Yes," and thanked her, and smiled. And not to keep tooting a horn but I had a great moment at the cookie table (same concert) when one of the male soloists who delivered a *gorgeous* rendition of "Mary Did You Know?" came up to *me* and said "Was that you on the high note in the first choral number?" -Yes - I was the only 1st soprano "Wow, yes, I picked you out, you have a lovely voice." I was so floored... this guy likedy MY voice... and I got to compliment him back. It was a neat moment. This moment - due to UNDERCONFIDENCE - not any change in vocal cords I was born with - could not have happened 15 years ago. Period. I am really, really, REALLY grateful to people like this - just random moments which have added up - which have helped me come even this far. And really - I may never "perform" for anyone BUT this JPF board for all I know, so I do appreciate your moral support and encouragement to me to keep going forward. I am still, HONESTLY, surprised anyone wants to hear me sing. Even if it's not perfect and I'm still working on how to do it. Thank you all. I mean that with all my heart. Linda
Last edited by Linda Adams; 01/02/11 04:56 AM.
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,052
Posts1,185,703
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"If you are stuck in your musical composing, be unreasonable. Change your environment. If you are stuck in your lyrical efforts, instead of forcing the same old words out, force yourself to do unreasonable things." -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
|