|
5 members (texritter, Bill Draper, bennash, Michael W. Brown, Everett Adams),
36,407
guests, and
5,764
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Toxic
by Rob B. - 10/04/26 02:16 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:39 PM
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:38 PM
|
|
|
|
|
Gone
by Michael W. Brown - 09/30/26 07:17 PM
|
|
|
Mara Cole
by Gary E. Andrews - 09/30/26 01:32 PM
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,608
Top 50 Poster
|
OP
Top 50 Poster
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,608 |
EDIT FEB 12: Hey there! Scott added a harp intro and Geoff worked me his vocal magic on this one............ We're happy with it as it stands now I think http://soundcloud.com/lindaofficial/house-of-the-rising-sunLet us know if you think the mix needs tweaking. Thanks! There are spots I'd do over or a little different if I was cutting an album in a studio (do I hear Steven Tyler - "Dream on, dream on" why yes I do!) -- but for a demo I'm happy with it now I think. Linda ======================================== Hiya, Scott just delivered me the first mix of our version of "House of the Rising Sun" and we're pretty excited about it. Featuring Scott Campbell on guitars, percussion, harp, keys and who knows what else :), Dan Miner (coalminer) on lead guitar, and me on vocals. Production by Scott. Personally - I'm still wanting a touch of that harp on the intro, and maybe a slightly different fade-out at the end, which Scott's happy to work on this weekend. Maybe redo the 1st/2nd verses, I dunno, I'm never quite entirely happy with how I sound, I hear every tiny flaw. But we decided to post this now, and wrap up any details you guys come up with on the mix etc, on Saturday or so. And yes: I am holding that last note 24 seconds. It was late and I was tired  if I work at it maybe I can push it longer in the future, LOL. BTW -this sounds kinda crummy on my laptop speakers alone - (which sound awful anyway) but pretty fair decent on my headphones. Hope your speakers are good to you :-) Thank you for building confidence in me here that I CAN sing like this, and work out my "rock chick skilz" a bit.  Linda
Last edited by Linda Adams; 02/12/11 08:24 PM.
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,082
Posts1,185,776
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"The great thing about a dream come true, is that it is born with a great appetite. That appetite keeps it growing and evolving and it swallows up all those other dreams you have and spits them back out as reality as well." -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
There are no members with birthdays on this day. |
|
|
|